blog background

About Me

My photo
A wife, her husband and their two little boys.

Me and my husband

This is the love of my life and I just feel like sharing that with everyone. Things have not always been easy nor do I think things will be perfect in the future. Marriage to me is learning to work together and compromise for someone elses feelings sometimes. This next year is going to be rough but I want both of us to always remember the moment we were sealed and how happy and in love we were. That was a big step for us and I couldn't be happier that we made it. Joshua is my other half, he is an amazing man and anyone who has him in their life is blessed but especially me. He has helped me become who I am today and he helps me get to the woman I strive to be. We work together and trust that Heavenly Father has a plan for us. xoxo

Brothers- Micah and Tristian

My boys...

These two little angels are my loves. They make me laugh when I dont want to and make me cry when they dont mean to. Motherhood isn't easy but it is the greatest joy a woman can have. I love how my boys love me. Even though Micah is going through his terrible twos right now, when he is sweet he is so sweet it almost makes you forget about the other stuff. He is learning more words and talking so much more now, sometimes a blessing, sometimes not! He loves his little brother and doesn't like doing things without him. Tristian is getting close to walking and its crazy that he is going to be a year old in August. Time has gone by to fast. He is totally a mommas boy and I love it. He loves cuddling and kissin' mommy. He gives Micah a run for his money and he looks up to him so much. I hope these two grow to great brothers and great friends. I love them so much!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

About us...

Hello, we are the Adkins-Setty family. My name is Amanda and I am married to the greastest person God could have paired me with, Joshua. We have two sons, our oldest Micah is 19 months old and busy busy busy. Our youngest is Tristian who will be one month on September eleventh. He is still innocent and he is a good baby but he does love to be held. I will tell you our story. We lived in Springfield, Ohio and Josh and I met in high school one night at Kroger, which is a grocery store for those who dont know. We didnt exactly hit it off that night, as Josh would say he denied my life that night. He was to cool for me. lol I had asked for his number and he said no, but if we see each tomorrow night then I will give it to you. I figured that was then end of that because it was like a billion to one chance that we would see each other again. So the next night my friend and I went to another friends ballet recital and on the way home I look over and there is my one in a billion walking with his cousin, so we asked them if they needed a ride. We did exchange numbers that night and we talked on the phone all night. We hungout a few time and and then one night after dancing to some music on my trampoline Josh asked me to be his girlfriend and of course I said yes. Not to long after my answer some fireworks went of in a neighborhood behind my house. No it wasnt July it was just wierd and super cute. Well I will fast forward now to December around Christmas time, Josh asked me to marry him with a ring he had made, it was the cutest thing anyone has ever done for me. Yes we were still in high school but I said yes and we started to plan. Our date was set for June 13th and we were graduating at the end of May, also we were planning on Josh joining the Marine Corp. We had plans. Well the day before my graduation I was a little moody, okay a lot moody and Josh looked at me and said "you're pregnant" so we took a test and he was right. We were going to have a baby. That didnt change any of our plans though. We got married and two months later Josh left for bootcamp and then we had Micah. Josh had his ten days home after the baby and then he had to go to school in Florida so then eight months later we finally got to move to California and start our own lives. We moved here in September and found out in November that we were pregnant again. Nine months later here is Tristian. I love my family and it took a lot of strength and praying to get us where we are! We love our Heavenly Father and we are strong in our Faith. My husband works hard to provide for our family and I love him for that. Things may be difficult sometimes but I know that he is my true love and I am so happy to know that families are forever and I get to be sealed to him in December. I cannot wait to know that even after this life he will always be with me. Thanks for reading...

1 comment:

  1. Hey so I am so excited your starting a blog. Are you guys coming back to Springfield in December? Columbus Temple? I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete